Router Login Guide for 192.168.1.2-this article will talk about 192.168.1.2 IP address & the entire procedure of accessing this IP admin panel and user name with password. This particular IP address number is a default IP address which has been seen used in a lot of routers and other internet-connecting devices to connect with their desired devices like computer, tablet, and mobile. This IP address is used by a lot of manufacturers into router manufacturing business like such as Motorola, Aztech, Netopia, etc. and this IP address can be seen as the default IP address of the routers manufactured by such companies. One of the best things about the IP address with number 192.168.1.2 is it’s identically which makes it a privately based IP address and it does not necessitate to have a license or an authorization from the authorities. This article will provide you the process of login, issues faced and their solutions for the technical issues faced with respect to the IP address 192.168.1.2.
Guide for Accessing IP address 192.168.1.2:
Like our previous articles associated with router login guide, it is important to be ready your default username and password before you decide to log in to the admin login page of 192.168.1.2 IP address. In case you are very new to the router and using the router for the first time we are here providing you a cake walk served in a plate with steps associated to login into the admin panel of the 192.168.1.2 IP address. Again we say this is not a rocket science which you need to bang your head on this is very simple task and need just a little amount of attention to go with. The steps of log in with this IP are:
- As usual, open up a fresh web page on your computer system. It is recommended that one should always use the latest version of the web browser.
- Click at router login page shown at lower page of the screen
- This will take you to user authentication page will now open.
- Type at default username and password your router as asked on the page and press enter
- This will end result in the admin panel of 192.168.1.2 IP address
- You can now reorganize your devices to your router through this panel.
- Like other router admin panel this will also you to change the name of the network, add a new device or even take away an existing device or change of network name. Depends on choice of the user.
- This again gives you permission of restricting the bandwidth of the user.
- Keeping all the security in mind we advise strongly to change the default user name and password and keep security issues away from you associated with web.
Restrictions associated with IP address 192.168.1.2
As decided by Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) Using the 192.168.1.2 IP address has its own restrictions. It is a well-known fact that 192.168.1.2 is a private IP address, so this IP address will require a proxy server that enables connection with this network and protects these IP addresses being used by anyone without any permissions from the concerned authority.
Methods of changing this IP address:
Like there are lots of router manufacturing companies who manufactures router with almost same or similar IP address it is obvious to have a IP clash between two routers possessing same IP address. We take the pride to let you know about the presence of three dots which a new IP address contains with same class of IP address. The last digits lays form 0 to 255 and the steps involved in changing this system are:
- At first, open the Control panel Window.
- Then type “ipconfig/release“ and hit enter
- Type “ipconfig/renew“. Type the new IP address and again press at enter to make it save for future.
Method of recovering user name and password once forgotten:
This again is very common issue and we are going to write lots of methods to fix it in case you miss your user name and password by mistake.
- User manual: The user manual of any electronic device yet again the most important document and it contains all the information regarding your electronic device. We strongly suggest reading your user manual to find the IP address, username, password, etc. of your router. However this may not result in the solution of the problem if you have already changed the username and password before.
- Another solution is information provided manufacturers on the stickers of the router which has lots of important information on the router’s sticker present at the back of the router such as default username, IP address and the default password of the router. This way we can always use this sticker to find a way for log in to the admin panel of the 192.168.1.2 IP address.
- If you cannot find the default username and password of your router, you can easily find it using the default username and password list present on the web. So, this may become a super easy process to find the same when needed.
- In case you have completely forgotten the IP address of your router, you can easily reset the router to its factory settings. On the other hand, using this method will have need of your time to reconfigure all your procedure from scratch. But this is the most trustworthy method and the best way to fix this problem. The easiest technique to factory reset the router is to use the pinhole button provided at the back end of the router. All you are suggested to do is just press and hold down the reset button for almost 10-15 seconds to reset the router this will automatically recognize the default username and password once after reboot and makes you ready to go with new user name and password.
Technical issues with IP address configuration:
There are few technical issues which are supposed to be taken under consideration before starting this whole process router fixing and IP address name change:
- Use a UPS or and make a stable source power supply during configuration.
- Always use good quality
- Always note that router lights keep blinking while it is on.
At last we hope this article helps you reach at point for configuration with right amount of information of configuration of IP address 192.168.1.2. And we hope you follow all stated information related to the same.