Verizon FiOS? Never heard this name before? No worries, we are here to provide detailed and complete guide about the Verizon Fios login and configuration. But before doing that we must explain briefly, what exactly Verizon FiOS is.
Verizon Fios is an advanced service of Verizon network. It is a combined service of internet access, telephone connectivity
- 1 Locate the IP address of your Verizon Fios router
- 2 Login to the Verizon Fios admin dashboard
- 3 How to reset the Verizon Fios router login :
- 4 Conclusion
Verizon FiOS router login Setup password:
The Verizon Fios is a service pf Verizon which is supported by the fiber-optic cables. There is a large network of fiber optic cables which are capable to inter-link over 5 million customers in various parts of the united states. Now it may be easy to understand that Fios here, means fiber optic service. The fiber optic cables are thing tubing made up of glass or fiber plastic. These follow the procedure of total internal reflection to transmit data at very high speed without any lose, in form of light. These cables are very expensive but in high demand in today’s era of fast technology.
The Fios services are usually operated in 5 states of united states under the banner of Verizon communication. Beyond that, the frontier communications provides service pf Fios with almost a similar infrastructure and services. The Verizon Fios services were initiated in 2005, the services were kept under expansion till 2010. But there are still various areas which cannot be reached due to the uncertain geographical location or harsh terrain or weather conditions of that area , as the fiber optic cables may be damaged.
There are some area where the Fios services are limited. For instance, some areas only receive internet access or television services through Verizon Fios. In some areas, Verizon Fios has limited services due to the limitations fixed in various franchise agreements.
There are easy steps and procedures to follow when it comes to the installation, set up, configuration and management of the Verizon Fios. In this article, we will guide you about these procedures in a detailed and easy way. Keep hold on it.
Locate the IP address of your Verizon Fios router
After you install and connect the Verizon Fios device, you need to setup it and maintain the data and other information to initiate its operation. For this, you for that you need to know the IP address of the device. It may be familiar to some users, but for others, we have mentioned ways to locate the IP address of your device.
Ideally, the IP address of the verizon Fios plans home router is 192.168.1.1, but to stay on safe side and avoid any inconvenience, check out the IP address of your Verizon Fios router.
Here are some easy and quick methods to find the IP address of your Verizon Fios deals router.
- Find a sticker pasted on the device. It has
the informationabout the device. This information contain
- Device SSID
- Device username (by default setup)
- Device password (by default setup)
- Device IP address
- Device networking code
This information can be used to find the IP address of the Verizon Fios router.
- If you cant find the sticker or it is worn out, you can check the device box, it also has the similar details mentioned on it. The quick installation guide manual and the user manual found inside the device box can also help to locate the IP address.
- There is another simple way to find the IP address. Connect the network to your mobile phone using the default username and password. Follow the below procedure:
Mobile settings > networks and connections > Wi-Fi connection > connected network > more information > IP address.
In this way you can locate the IP address of the Verizon Fios router.
Since, you know your IP address now, its time to log in to your Verizon Fios account.
Login to the Verizon Fios admin dashboard
To login into the Verizon Fios, you must have a device, a mobile phone or a personal computer. This device must be connected to the Verizon Fios internet connection.
- Open the web browser on you cellphone or PC. Try to choose a common browser to avoid inconvenience of unavailability.
- Enter the IP address you found earlier into the URL bar of the web browser and press “enter”.
- You will see that a login page has opened. This page has specified fields and you have to provide the username and password of your Verizon Fios connection.
- Enter the username and password of the Verizon Fios connection. You can enter the default username and password if you are setting up the Verizon Fios network for the first time. The default login credentials for Verizon Fios routers are
Make sure you have enter the correct credentials with case specifications and spacing. Press “Ok” when you are done.
- If you had entered the correct login credentials Then you have successfully logged into the administration panel of the Verizon Fios router.
Now you may make any changes in the network configurations and manage the users through the administration panel. But remember, To enter the Verizon Fios administration panel you must be connected to he Verizon Fios internet access on the device you are using for the procedure. The IP address is not available otherwise.
You can use this dashboard to
- Setup network connection
- Manage users and time connections
- Set network identity
- Change username and password
- Access device management
- Obtain technical information about the device and assistance in trouble shooting
- Attain the admin rights of the users.
Common verizon fios Router login problems and its solutions
There are some common problem that the user might face while logging in to the Verizon Fios administration panel. You are advised to go through the following section in case you are facing any issue. As it is most possible that you are facing the same common issue which other face. We have briefly described the most common issues and also mentioned some possible solutions to them.
verizon fios password Reset is not working
A common issue that people face is that their password is not working. In this case, it might be possible that you have entered the Incorrect password. To tackle this issue,
- Re-enter the password.
- Check the case specification and spacing of the password.
- You might have changed you password and entering the wrong one. Enter the new password.
- If you are accessing the dashboard for the first time and the default password “admin” is not working, then it might be possible that your Verizon Fios home router doesn’t have “admin” as the default password. Search for the default password for you device by placing the model name in the google search engine. You may also seek the device box, information sticker and the user manual for the default password.
verizon fios internet for pay bill
It is another common issue faced by users Is that they forget their password. It is
If you had bought the device on your own and installed it your self, then you must keep a record of your log in credentials as it would be very hard to recover the password otherwise. If you don’t remember your password, you must reset your Verizon Fios router pay bill to the factory default Settings to recover the default password. This will lose all the settings and changes you had made into your network configuration.
If the router is provided by an internet service provider, they might have your username and password. In case, you forget your password, contact your internet service provider to recover your password. You may also reset the device for this purpose as well.
How to reset the Verizon Fios router login :
If you want to reset your Verizon Fios Wi-Fi router to its factory default settings, or you forget your login credentials then
verizon Fios customer service:
Contact Verizon Fios Sales Support: 855-594-1243.